Where are Brelox collections made?
We craft by hand all collections in our studio in the greater New York area and incorporate high-quality gemstones from around the world. We carefully source stones and materials to ensure they meet our high quality standards while being friendly to the environment.
Are you eco-friendly?
Yes! For our pouch bags and jewelry box ties we incorporate a special fiber known as jute, which is eco-friendly as it does not require fertilizers or pesticides to grow. We also use jewelry boxes that are made out of recycled materials.
What is gold-filled?
Gold-filled jewelry is superior to gold-plated jewelry as it results in much higher quality pieces that last much longer due to higher gold content and enhanced production methods. With proper care it will not chip or peel as does with gold-plated jewelry. Our pieces receive widespread acclaim for their quality.
Do you offer discounts for volume orders?
Yes we do! Please contact us for inquires.
Is shipping included?
Yes, free shipping is included on all orders of $100 or more. Occasionally, we issue coupons for shipping and discounts, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list and connect with us on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
I lost a pendant or charm, can I order a replacement?
We are sorry to hear that! Please contact us so we can help you replace it.
How do I care for my jewelry?
Sterling silver and gold naturally tarnishes when exposed to sulfur in the air as well as when exposed to chemicals and oils – both natural and synthetic. Follow these simple steps to help retain the jewelry’s natural finish:
- Avoid applying any lotions or sprays such as perfumes onto your Brelox jewelry as these chemicals can tarnish and damage the finish. It is best to apply lotions or sprays before putting on your jewelry to avoid tarnishing the finish.
- Beware of chlorine in swimming pools or bath water as they can tarnish the finish. Natural fluids, such as sweat can also wear down the finish of the jewelry, so it is recommended that you remove jewelry prior to a workout and also before bedtime.
- It is best to regularly wipe your jewelry with a soft cloth to remove any oils or chemicals that may have accumulated. We do not recommend using household tissues or paper towels as they can scratch the surface and cause damage.
- Proper storage is key to extending the life of sterling silver and gold. We recommend an airtight container such as an jewelry box, food storage bag or jewelry cloth bag for storing your jewelry. Be wary of certain jewelry boxes as they may contain chemicals they degrade the finish.
- When not in use, refrain from exposing jewelry to excessive amounts of light and air as the natural effects of the environment wear down the finish.
How do I cleanse and recharge my gemstones?
Unlike physically cleaning gemstones, it is recommend you cleanse your gemstones to release any unwanted or negative energies the stone may have absorbed. Crystals used specifically for healing and health reasons should be cleansed before and after use. Once cleansed, we recommend you recharge the stones using the tips below. This will ensure the stones support you positively and enhance your well being.
Cleansing your gemstones
There are several methods of cleansing stones, some of which are recommended for certain stones over others. For that reason, we recommend the methods listed below. The use of other methods should be researched to ensure it does not negatively affect your gemstones.
- Quartz and Amethyst Clusters
Large clear quartz or amethyst clusters are known to help cleanse stones and remove negative or unwanted energies that have been collected. Placing your stone for one or two days within the cluster is sufficient to properly cleanse the stone. The use of these clusters also recharges the stones, saving you time.
Smudging is the use of leveraging the smoke from special herbs such as sage, lavender or cedar to cleanse the stones and release any negative energies. Carefully burn a few leaves of these herbs and hold the stones in the smoke so they cleanse the stored energies.
- Energy Visualization
Our minds possess special powers, especially for those who can concentrate and focus. It is widely accepted that one can focus on the stones mentally and cleanse them. To perform this, hold the stone in your palm, focus on it carefully and imagine your eyes project a cleansing bubble of energy encapsulating the stone. Then visualize the bubble floating down into the ground, neutralizing the stored energy.
Recharging your gemstones
Gemstones uniquely absorb and distribute various energies, enabling them to deliver their special properties. To ensure they continue to have that desired effect, they should regularly recharged. Given their organic nature, they can be recharged with the use of sunlight, moonlight, and quartz / amethyst clusters.
Brief exposure to sunlight will help recharge most crystals, particularly clear quartz which are made brighter with exposure. For other stones, we do not recommend prolonged exposure as this may dull the gemstone’s color.
Moonlight, like the sun is another way to leverage celestial energy to recharge your gemstones. The moon’s energy is thought to be a milder way to recharge gemstones compared to the sun, with a full moon being especially desired. Moonlight is particularly beneficial for amethyst, aquamarine, citrine, moonstone, rose quartz, and fogged quartz.
- Quartz and Amethyst Clusters
The use of these clusters are our recommended way to cleanse and recharge your gemstones. If using this method, make sure the cluster itself is clean and charged itself. Then, place your gemstones in or on the cluster for 24-48 hours.